Friday, October 8, 2010

Pink Saturday & Vintage Finds

I has been a few weeks since I have been able to contribute to pink Saturday. Between work and my daughter there just isn't enough hours in the day. Last Saturday was the first  time I forced myself to get up to go to a yard sale that sounded worth the effort. Coming home at 4:30 in the morning from work makes it hard to get up. Listed was vintage glassware,a Victrola, pedal car, and other sorts of collectibles. Purse in hand, off I went. Of course I had to talk myself down once I got there. "Do I really need this, Where am I going to put it, etc." This is some of my must have finds.
I got this whole set of 4 dishes for just $5.00. I believe they were never even used.


All the pieces were still wrapped in the paper they came in and I even had to soak a few to completely remove it.
These pink glasses also just had to come home too.

7 glasses for $2.00 not bad.
I also picked up these two depression glass serving dishes for $5.00.

Sometimes it pays to lose sleep.

Stop by and check out all the other participants with Beverly's at How Sweet the Sound.
Have a great Pink Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. your vintage finds are so great! a girl cant never had enough pink or treasures with roses. *smile*)
    best wishes and a very nice weekend!
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful rose china set. Thanks for stopping by. Stopping by from VTT...Julian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful findings. I love the depression glass serving dishes. I collect coloured dishes, but as we use them every day, they tend to brake and I have to repair or discard. My favourite colour is pink..
    have a nice weekend
    hugs elsamarianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finds!!! I'm sleepy too!!! Just got back home a few minutes ago and ready for a long nap...but got quite a few goodies!!
    Come on over to my blog and join my giveaway! Would love to have you!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it was definitely worth forcing yourself out of bed! I think that set of dishes is absolutely beautiful, and those drinking glasses and depression pieces are just stunning. It would all work together to make one gorgeous tablesetting!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say you were rewarded for missing a few hours of sleep. Hope you made some of that sleep up later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate hearing from you even if it is just to say hello. It's nice to know your thoughts and ideas.