Friday, May 28, 2010

Birds and Blooms

Every year we get visitors that move in and make themselves at home. No.... its not anyones relatives. But a pair of orioles.
We noticed them about 4 years ago and they have been returning ever since. Finding their nest is no easy task. They manage to hide it among the leaves. But we found it with the help of supplies we "donated" for their building  material. Hubby cut up some yellow string and they found a blue tarp to use.
It's hard to see but hiding in among the leaves is their nest sack. Not the usual nest of twigs  but of string  and other things woven into the nest that hangs from the branches.
I'm hoping no wind storm damages it as it did one year. I could have cried when I seen it torn to bits and their precious eggs broke. I'll try and keep you posted with pics on when it babies. The are so fun to watch. Till then I will enjoy my roses that just started to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate hearing from you even if it is just to say hello. It's nice to know your thoughts and ideas.