Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For The Birds

I have been spending alot of time at my kitchen window just watching the birds. We are currently in between storm systems awaiting the worst part. They are predicting icy conditions for later tonight. I am so ready for spring!
 I usually can tell if bad weather is on the way by the way the birds go crazy finding something to eat.
 They especially love to fight over peanuts I throw to them.
My favorite birds are the cardinals with their bright red feathers standing out against the snow.

I'm doing some MAJOR debating on going to work! The skies are clear but with the way the birds are fighting over room at the feeders, I think a day off just might be in order. Coming home at 4 in the morning with slick roads is not my idea of fun!

I hope to be able to show you my touches of red later this week since I have been trying to decorate for Valentine's day. It took me awhile to trudge through the snow to fetch my decorations but I braved the cold long enough to find them.
Hope everyone stays warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate hearing from you even if it is just to say hello. It's nice to know your thoughts and ideas.