Monday, January 10, 2011

On the Hunt

Winter doldrums must really be taking its toll on me. I have been cleaning and rearranging things ever since Christmas. One morning ( afternoon for me really) I woke up with the urge for a coffee table.

We did not have a coffee table for years. When we bought my late uncles antique marble end tables my old (newer) set was sold along with the coffee table that matched.


Of course we really at the time did not miss it since it really was a head banger for the kids as they learned to walk. Now with the baby about to graduate I think she can walk good enough without falling into it, HA! I have been scouting e-bay and auction listings with no luck. I really do not want to buy a newer old version if I can help it but so far the search has been unsuccessful. I have found one or two listings, but I'm not about to go hundreds of miles to fetch it! Not only that the cost of shipping was more than the table.

 So if you are out and about  shopping and see a crazy lady asking "hey got any coffee tables?" that would be me. I really think this search will drive me batty.

2 comments:

  1. I want to thank you for stopping by my blog.
    This is so funny, I TOO am looking for a Victorian Coffee table....not a "new" old one like you say.
    I have even been looking at "taller" tables we could cut down...but for one reason or another, they did not fit the bill.
    The sad thing is...at my age of 72+...buying pieces of furniture is kinda crazy, especially seeing that neither one of my daughters care a THING about Victorian anything.
    But THAT fact alone will not keep me from hunting for one.

    GOOD LUCK on your hunt.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terry, we sound much alike. Really like your post....sweet.

    Good luck with the cofee table search. I love, love coffee and tea tables.

    Happy Tuesday!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate hearing from you even if it is just to say hello. It's nice to know your thoughts and ideas.